Do you recognize these challenges
Digital services such as e-business, e-signature, e-health, e-gov and e-banking, are crucial functions in today’s society. To help organizations set them up, Trust Service Providers (TSP) offer trust services, such as certificate management and identity management.
The trust services are based on PKI certificates that secure communication, ensure integrity and privacy and rely on a combination of trusted hardware and software. The trust services must comply to standards and norms such as eIDAS, ETSI, RFC and Web Trust, depending on requirements of the provided services. Challenges for a Trust Service Provider include:
- Use a secure platform with smooth processes for management and maintenance
- Ensure high security, for example by using a certified trust service platform with well-documented processes and technical functions
- Integrate with related systems to achieve a seamless experience and easy maintenance
- Create a flexible, modular, and highly available platform that scales based on need
- Provide flexible user identities with support for multiple types of user devices, such as smartcards, security tokens and smartphones
- Enable a predictable total cost of ownership (TCO) of the trust service platform
How does it work?
To help organizations with their digital transformation, today’s TSPs are extending their services to include identity management, certificate management, digital signatures and access control in their offer to customers.
By using an integrated platform where modular components deliver a seamless process and smooth functions in a secure manner, customers get high quality and smooth service. Depending on customer requirements, additional functions are available, such as:
- Provisioning of smartcards, virtual smart cards and mobile virtual smart cards
- Client software for PC, Smartphone and middleware
- Self-service and ability to use different devices in a flexible manner
- Ability to use one identification method, request a second based on self-service
The flexibility in Nexus Smart ID Workforce allows customers to choose the necessary modules that are required for specific use cases and can be run as SaaS, on-prem or as a combination.
Smart ID enables trusted identities for the following Trust Service Providers
Nexus + IN Groupe
Nexus, a part of the French IN Groupe, is a European leader and innovative identity management company. We secure society by enabling trusted identities for people and things.
IN Groupe offers state-of-the-art global identity solutions and secure digital services for Governments and Companies, integrating advanced electronics and biometrics technologies.
Discover how the Principality of Monaco uses IN Groupe to deploy a digital identity system. IN Groupe was tasked with defining, developing, implementing and deploying a comprehensive, integrated ID system (physical and digital). Learn how this was achieved and the components used.