- Ease of use
How does it work?
The Matter security and certification concept relies on Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and is overseen by the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA) through the Matter Distributed Compliance Ledger (DCL). Here are some key points:
- The DCL, administered by CSA, publishes the certificates of Product Attestation Authorities (PAAs). These are the approved root CAs of the Matter PKI.
- PAA operators must implement a series of security requirements and undergo periodic audits
- Product Attestation Intermediates (PAIs) are subordinate CAs under the PAA and serve exactly one Matter product vendor.
- PAIs are instrumental in issuing digital Device Attestation Certificates (DAC) for Matter compliant devices
- Every Matter product manufacturer needs a PAI for the issuance of a DAC for each individual device.)
Frequently asked questions about Matter
We gathered the most commonly asked questions and provided answers.
Nexus’ platform for IoT PKI has the following key benefits: