Trusted identities for IoT simplified
More and more companies in all sorts of industries choose to subscribe to a service for PKI lifecycle management for their IoT application instead of operating the PKI solution on-premise. The service approach brings multiple benefits:
- Focus on core business. You can focus on your core business and let experts manage the complex PKI solution. No need to invest in PKI education for your staff and infrastructure to operate the solution in-house.
- Expertise and compliance. An external service is dedicated to the PKI purpose, operated by experts and in compliance with relevant policies, regulations and Common Criteria EAL 4+ high security level.
- Pay-as-you-grow. Minimize your initial investments and pay as you grow. Shift CAPEX to OPEX. If your IoT business grows more than expected, the service capability can easily be scaled up.
Nexus GO IoT
Nexus GO IoT is a PKI certificate lifecycle management cloud service for IoT applications. The service is based on the Nexus Smart ID IoT product. It is used and appreciated by many customers in different industries on a global basis. Key features of Nexus GO IoT include:
- Compliance. Nexus GO IoT complies with security policies and regulations and is regularly audited. The CA software is certified according to Common Criteria EAL 4+.
- Scalability. Nexus GO IoT can flexibly scale up to meet your changing business needs. Also, very high-performance requirements are met.
- Availability. Nexus GO IoT provides high availability.
- Functionality. Nexus Go IoT service provides the same functionality as Nexus Smart ID IoT including e.g. flexible CA hierarchy and certificate profile configuration and support for all relevant certificate management protocols, including ACME, EST, SCEP and many more, ensuring that all your different IoT devices can be supported.
IoT for multiple business verticals
Issue and manage certificate-based, cryptographically secure and unforgeable identities for IoT devices and applications, enabling end-to-end security within the following sectors:
How does it work?
Setting up your IoT application and devices for managing and using PKI certificates demands careful planning and implementation work. During this period, you can use the Nexus GO IoT test service to be able to test and verify your IoT application.
By signing up to the Nexus GO IoT trial version, you can quickly get started and test the service. The trial version helps you develop and verify the certificate provisioning and the PKI-based security functions.
After signing up to the service, Nexus will set up a customer-specific certificate authority (CA) and certificate management processes according to the specification of the customers. The certificate content can be adjusted and verified before devices are marketed and productively deployed.
The test service is available via an API, and suits various devices, including resource-constrained and battery-powered ones, by support for protocols such as EST-coaps.
The main advantages of Nexus GO IoT are: