Nexus Hybrid Access Gateway
Nexus Hybrid Access Gateway is a software-based security gateway used to enable secure access to digital services – no matter where those services or users are located. The gateway supports a wide range of user-friendly two-factor authentication (2FA) and provides powerful identity federation, enabling users to log on just once to reach all managed resources.
Hybrid Access Gateway can provide secure access to your digital resources through its web portal, or you can use it as an add-on 2FA service to a different online portal.
Uses include giving employees secure and convenient remote access to central enterprise resources, partner-hosted systems and cloud services. The solution is also very well suited for cost-efficient user authentication in online banking, e-commerce and e-government services.
Hybrid Access Gateway can replace all of your existing authentication methods for all the resources you choose to control through the gateway, which means that you do not have to rely on multiple passwords, hardware tokens or other credentials. This makes life easier for your users and at the same time increases your security.
Hybrid Access Gateway can help you manage your journey from today’s complex mix of authentication factors to the next generation of digital service management.
Hybrid Access Gateway key features include:
- Off-the-shelf support for a wide range of two-factor authentication (2FA) methods, such as mobile apps, one-time passwords (OTP), smart cards and software tokens.
- An add-on 2FA service for online portals and cloud services.
- Identity federation – the users’ electronic identities and attributes are linked and stored across multiple distinct identity management systems.
- Single sign-on (SSO) – a user’s single authentication token is trusted across multiple IT systems or even organizations.
- Registration with existing enterprise IDs, for example in Microsoft’s directory service Active Directory.
- Ability to use eIDs that you yourself issue to your customers, employees, students or citizens.
- Support for eIDs from third parties, such as Swedish BankID, Norwegian BankID, Finnish TUPAS, and eIDs based on the standards stipulated by the EU regulation eIDAS.