Nexus Certificate Manager
Nexus Certificate Manager is a flexible and scalable certificate authority (CA) software portfolio, which enables you to issue and manage electronic identities (eIDs) for people, software and things.
Public key infrastructure (PKI) has proven to be the most cost-effective and secure way of implementing security solutions for authentication, digital signatures, and encryption. At the heart of all PKI solutions is a certificate authority (CA) software. Certificate Manager can issue all kinds of digital certificates, including X.509 certificates, as well as manage the whole lifecycle of the certificates.
The certificates ensure the trustworthiness of the eIDs, which can be used to secure corporate network access for your employees; secure online access for customers, partners or citizens to your web services; automate work processes; enable communication between trusted devices; and digitize identity documents such as passports, drivers’ licenses, and national IDs. eIDs for people, software and things can be stored in, for example, mobile phones, smart cards, data files, trusted platform modules (TPM), and hardware security modules (HSM).
Nexus Certificate Manager functional overview.
Certificate Manager key features include:
- Multitenancy, which means that several different certificate authorities can use the same instance of the software to implement several parallel, private eID solutions.
- Support for multiple use cases, for example, issuing and managing employee identities, citizen identities and infrastructure certificates.
- The trust service components Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) Responder and Timestamp Server.
- Support for all major certificate enrollment protocols, such as SCEP, CMP, CMC and EST.
- Standard integration with the identity and access management (IAM) software Nexus PRIME and authentication and access platform Nexus Hybrid Access Gateway.
- Qualified certificates, according to the organization European telecommunications standards institute (ETSI), the EU regulation eIDAS, and Swedish public authority E-identification Board’s test environment EID2.
Read the blog post Why Nexus invests heavily in its 20-year-old certificate authority (CA) platform.