What are physical identities?
Physical identities are RFID-based identities stored on access cards or key fobs. Best practice is to have one well-branded security key for every person with access to your organization. Radio-frequency identification (RFID) can be used by employees, contractors and visitors for physical access to sites and buildings, follow-me printing, payments or parking solutions.
Smart ID Physical ID management is a set of best-practice processes for how to issue, maintain and block identities during their full lifecycle, including self-service and integration to enterprise applications, such as a corporate directory.
These physical IDs can be managed:
How does it work?
You can get physical ID management as a service that lets you order cards or key fobs from Nexus by a simple push of a button, or as an on-premises solution including self-service tasks, card printers and readers, cards and accessories.
Smart ID Physical ID management has the following key features:
- Lifecycle management of RFID cards and key fobs
- Best-practice processes for standard use cases
- Self-service and automated workflows
- Approval steps to ensure secure issuance
- Synchronization of data with a directory service
- Object history and reporting to enable auditing and compliance
Combine with other solutions
Add the following Smart ID modules for a complete solution to cover your needs:
The main advantages of the Nexus solution are: