What are digital identities?
Digital identities are based on public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates and stored on smart cards, Yubico devices or virtual smart cards on mobile phones or laptops. These digital identities can be used by employees and customers to log in to Windows with two-factor authentication (2FA), access cloud resources and servers, send encrypted emails and digitally sign documents.
Smart ID Digital ID management is a set of best-practice processes for how to issue, maintain and block identities during their full lifecycle, including self-service and integration to enterprise applications. Through the wide variety of easy-to-use credentials, the solution offers a great user experience.
These digital IDs can be managed:
How does it work?
Legacy systems are often built up of many vendor’s separate solutions, such as one or several smart cards, middleware, mini drivers, a card management system and various certificate authorities (CAs).
With Smart ID Digital ID management, Nexus removes the complexity and lets you manage the lifecycle of all digital identities in one system, with the help of self-service and automated processes.
Smart ID Digital ID management has the following key features:
- Lifecycle management of smart cards and virtual smart cards
- Mobile app for great user experience using virtual smart cards
- Best-practice processes for standard use cases
- Self-service and automated workflows
- Approval steps to ensure authorized identity issuance
- Synchronization of data with a directory service
- Integration of certificate authorities (CA) from multiple vendors
- Object history and reporting to enable auditing and compliance
Combine with other solutions
Add the following Smart ID modules for a complete solution to cover your needs:
The main advantages of the Nexus Digital ID management solution are: