What is a corporate PKI?
A corporate PKI can issue and manage trusted identities for people, devices and services, forming the basis of information security in an organization.
Smart ID Corporate PKI (public-key infrastructure) provides a reliable foundation, including roles, policies and procedures, for issuing and managing trusted, certificate-based identities.
Trusted identities enable:
Certificate-based authentication ensures that only authorized users, devices or servers can connect to a network or application. Revocation of certificates instantly blocks access in case of compromise or emergency.
Encryption and Privacy
Certificates enable encrypted communication between devices and services for secure transmission of data over TLS.
Digitally signed messages based on certificates can be used to prove the origin of data, and to detect manipulation of data. Signed firmware enables secure software updates.
How does it work?
Smart ID Corporate PKI is a flexible and scalable solution that can be used by any organization to issue, manage and validate certificate-based digital identities for mixed endpoint environments that include people, infrastructure and things.
Smart ID Corporate PKI has the following key features:
- Offers a complete public-key infrastructure (PKI) platform as the basis for trusted identities.
- Can automate and manage certificates to persons, hardware devices such as servers and routers, and for DevOps processes.
- Enables high security processes by built-in certificate authority policies and enforced four-eye principle for configuration changes.
- Allows certificate storage on various bearers through support for multiple certificate enrollment protocols.
- Connects to hardware security modules (HSM) for secure issuing and storage of CA keys.
- Synchronizes identity data with a connected directory service.
- Can be combined with publicly trusted certificates (over SCEP or ACME) for example for secure email and public facing web servers.
- Supports key archiving and recovery.
Combine with other solutions
Add the following Smart ID modules for a complete solution to cover your needs:
The main advantages of the Nexus solution are: