How does it work?
With Smart ID Workplace IoT, you can automate enterprise certificate provisioning for both domain endpoints, such as machines and servers, and non-domain endpoints, such as dev ops servers, mobile devices and networking devices. It supports enterprise IT to manage and automate the entire lifecycle of their internal and external PKI-based certificates.
As opposed to proprietary solutions, Nexus embraces open standards such as SCEP, EST and ACME to support edge devices.
As secure communication and encrypted traffic are vital in large organizations, Nexus offers flexibility in deployment models, for example to choose data center or a hybrid solution. As we have respect for the security conflicts that may arise, we operate through freedom of choice.
Nexus removes the complexity and lets you stay in control of the lifecycle of all digital identities in one system, with the help of self-service and automated processes.
Smart ID Workplace IoT key features:
- Device registration manually or in batches, connected to AD or ITSM (for example ServiceNow) and with optional approval steps for traceability.
- Automatic certificate enrolment and renewal, via various profiles and templates, such as ACME, SCEP, WinEP, EST and Intune, and with manual processes as fallback.
- Monitoring of issued and expiring certificates, failed enrolments, deactivation and revocation.
- Change of device ownership.
- Integration of publicly trusted certificate authorities (CA) from multiple other vendors.
- Object history and reporting to enable auditing and compliance.
Overview of IoT Threats and security technologies
Learn what threats IoT applications are facing, how to secure your IoT application, how IoT security needs vary between industry and much more.
Nexus’ platform for workplace IoT identities has the following key benefits: