Identity Management - time for a replacement
Within IT-infrastructures we are all dealing with digital identities, one way or the other. Companies and organizations have been using identity management solutions for many years, however, since everything around us is changing, a valid question arises: does your existing Identity Management solution support your business needs of today?
Today we talk a lot about zero trust and trusted identities as the requirements for working from home and using different types of devices are increasing. Old Identity Management (IdM) systems are quickly becoming legacy tools due to their increase in complexity and cost as additional functions have had to be added on top of the standard solution functionality. I think most of you are aware of this.
What do you expect from an IdM-solution:
- Workflow support
- End-user self-service
- Enrolment of various types of user credentials and MFA-methods
- Integration with surrounding services as Active Directory, HR-systems, or similar
- Delegated approval process
- Reporting and status information
The Identity Management system is a perfect way to achieve a balance between high security and good user experience, based on the ability to simplify or automize the administration process. Self-service functions will allow users to use their existing credentials to request additional credentials for a mobile device or virtual smartcard. The Self-service function keeps administrative tasks to a minimum, even if the number of credentials and devices are increased.
With Smart ID Digital ID management, Nexus removes the complexity and lets you manage the lifecycle of all digital identities in one system, with the help of self-service and automated processes.
Nexus Digital ID Management platform will simplify the management of your users’ digital identities on smartcards, mobile phones, and laptops, by taking advantage of the ready-to-use workflows, automation, and self-service functions in Smart ID Digital ID management.
Smart ID Digital ID management has the following key features:
- Lifecycle management of smart cards and virtual smart cards
- Mobile app for great user experience using virtual smart cards
- Best-practice processes for standard use cases
- Self-service and automated workflows
- Approval steps to ensure authorized identity issuance
- Synchronization of data with a directory service
- Integration of certificate authorities (CA) from multiple vendors
- Object history and reporting to enable auditing and compliance